Thursday, September 22, 2016

fj40 soft top









The new soft top for my FJ40 came in yesterday. I installed it on this afternoon just before the rain started. The top is so well made and I'm really pleased with the quality. This top is patterned after the OEM Toyota tops except I opted for PVC rather than canvas and the rear side windows are large and there is only one window per side rather than two smaller ones. I had painted the softtop support hoops last weekend, so the actual top was the missing component. Now I'm waiting on toggles and the footman loops that will get installed around the perimeter of the tub. This will allow me to cinch it down tight and get better fitment. The addition of the soft top should get me back on the road soon and buy me some time to do some patch work on the hardtop sides.



No comments:

Followers