Friday, December 2, 2016

mini bronze pour





















I assisted Adam and Travis today with a mini bronze pour. Adam has been doing several ABS 3D prints that we have been burning out in the kiln in Metals. My students are all getting into doing 3D prints and using them as patterns for sand casting and lost wax(print) casting. It's good to see Adam and Travis getting in on the action as well. Adam made the sweet little shank you see here. I love working with these two guys! They've been super good to me and I'm thankful to work with them and to have the priviledge of their friendship.  Did I mention that they are both great fathers and teachers? I look forward to seeing them at work each day and I look forward to seeing what we can all accomplish together here at Appalachian State. 



No comments:

Followers