Tuesday, April 18, 2017

barber motorsports museum: ted gall




































No trip to Birmingham would be complete without a trip to the Barber Motorsports Museum. I asked Adam if he minded making a short trip out to the museum and so we decided to make the trip before things got hectic at the conference. One of my favorite things about the museum is the sculptures that surround the building. Ted Gall is one of my favorite Sculptors. Chuck and I used to run into his work at SOFA Chicago so it was a real treat to see these large scale works the first time I visited Barber. Chuck owns a piece of his I believe (I'm so jealous). I was able to spend a bit more time with these works this time around. I know the subject matter is part of why I love these pieces, but I am in awe at the scale of these figures and the fact that they are cast stainless.

By the way, the gift shop had some smaller pieces from Ted Gall (and probably the only pieces I could ever afford of his). 

 This trip to the Barber was really great as I got to spend a lot more time than usual since Adam wound up being as impressed as I was the first time I visited. I'll post more pieces of the bikes in an upcoming post. 




No comments:

Followers